Wednesday, September 24, 2008

From Troposphere to Blogosphere (and back to the Troposphere again)

Hello to all.

I've always cringed at the thought of having a blog - it's so not my nature to dispell much about myself to people who I don't know... The only comfort I have in starting this blog is that the people most likely to read it are my friends and family - whom will know that once I do start talking I pretty much don't shut up.. Also, i'm tech-savvy, but not tech-crazy... I love pen and paper... but dei, embarrassing a bit when even an old ex-PM can start a blog before you, a 24 year old right? cillaaakkaaaa

So while i'm away on Training, this is a place for those close to me to hear my rants and raves about life in aviation.

Furthermore, I've always backed away from monologues because after reading some other blogs around I realise why Mum always said to read more books. Some people out there have waayyy too much creativity in their writing. I'm very black and white - very much like an aircraft manual. I won't say that i'm not creative - I think I am.. but putting things into words and creatively conveying a message is something I do not consider my forte (cilaka.. see already sounding like a prat using words like "forte".. how la-di-da!).. Basically consider this a warning la.. don't expect me to write too much here that will make one "think and ponder the question and meaning of life". My aim is to be very to the point in a roundabout way (because, that's me!)

Who knows, this may even evolve to more if I like it that much. Roland, you're to blame! :)

Well, I'll start now.


I love to fly.

There is nothing that can describe it or beat it in my opinion. I wake up in the morning and I yearn for it - not above family or friends of course - I like to think that I will be able to keep "work" and home seperate - but honestly, I don't consider this as work. Would you believe it, but I found a company that is willing to pay me to do my hobby! It's bloody brilliant! Go back to what I said earlier about keeping "work" and home seperate - maybe it's impossible. Ask anyone who knows me and you'll know that I'm just "plane" insane.

And it has always been like this.

Since I was 2 (or less even), this has been my dream and goal in life. In time I'll tell you more about how I have developed this obsession and passion for aviation and flying. There have been lots of ups and downs to this point and I guarantee there will be more - There's a weather radar on board the aircraft, but not one on the ground if you get what I mean - so I expect to hit that little bit of turbulence every now and again when my feet are on terra firma (cilaka.. "terra firma"... shiok or not my england!)

Right now, I'm at a place called Maroochydore, Sunshine Coast in the sunny state of Queensland, Australia. It's about 100 km North of Brisbane, a resort/holiday home town filled with luxury condos right by the Coral Sea/South Pacific ocean. It's about 25 minutes south of the Australian OC - Noosa - A place I've yet to explore but plan on doing so with some free time available. Why am I here? Well, that company I've fooled into paying me to do my hobby has sent me here to a unique advanced training programme. Yes. They've actually sent me here to learn to fly a sexy business jet. An aircraft that makes aeromaniacs like myself drool at it's sight. So unbelievably sleek and powerful and elegant that it puts companies like Ferrari's to shame - Jeremy Clarkson, eat your heart out - The Bombardier Learjet 45.

It's an amazing oppurtunity. Not many pilots in the world would have had the chance to fly this kind of machine. In time we'll fly this girl up and down the eastern coastline of Australia (touch wood - you'll see this heaps, I very pantan) - honestly, some of the best flying in the world - and i'm getting paid to do it! SHIOK OR NOT?

Ying and Yang - life is balanced. In physics, engineering, maths, chemistry, economics, accounting etc etc, we are drilled with laws of equilibrium. Everything is balanced - it's how we function as human beings. Balance is so important in everything and this is no different.

Yes, it's a beautiful aircraft that I'm here to fly - but it can be ugly too - and I'll have to put up with it's ugly side in the simulator quite frequently and potentially in flight (touch wood - see pantan again..) Yeah, I can go and see Noosa and Brisbane, in my "free" time - which means when I'm not studying and learning about everything this aircraft has to offer, recapping and committing to memory checklists and procedures and air law so that at the drop of a pin I can conquer my sensors, rely on my confidence and abilities to fly this aircraft safely. This time i'm also really far away from family and loved ones. Sure, Seletar was away from home, but I could go home to KL on the odd weekends and see Mum and Dad. Jandakot was too convenient with my sisters 10 minutes away, and even better my better half only 2 minutes away. It's a new experience again, it's too early to tell now (i've only been here a week), but I'll be sure to report on this facet of the training at a later stage.

What's more i'm going to be learning how to fly this aircraft as a partnership - something I've never done before - it's called multi-crewing - and this involves a lot of teamwork, patience and understanding. This is training for life (I hope to see that this multi-crewing concept is useful for the household :) ). It's no party - but heck, I'll do it the 126 way and have copius amounts of fun doing it - *wish the guys were here - oi, if you lot are reading be motivated!

I'm motivated. Really, really motivated. I aim to translate this motivation into success whilst i'm here and build a solid foundation for the life i've chosen. I want to master the skill of aviating - not piloting.

So check here for updates. I'll regiment my day to include 1 hour before bed for writing blog-entries (when I can). I'll include some pictures for next time and let you know how the experience adds up.

I won't just be concentrating on just MCY in this blog, i'll give you some history as well - there's been a lot of it that has compounded up until now.

Hope you will enjoy what is to follow.

2 comments:

Rollt said...

Wooohooo.. Deepo's virgin blog! Superb opening statement.. encore! encore! What's with terra firma and all that? I'm sure The Man would be very proud of you on your England. Honestly, would be interesting to read some history of yourself.. eg some side of you that we've never seen (we've seen enuf though like your crack and all). Enjoy yourself there and we're missing you already too!Cheers mate!

Anonymous said...

looks very inspiring...do keep us updated on what aviation is all about and hows life in Brisbane.

all the best